From the beautiful and treasured seven Lakewood homes on the tour to the intimate Saturday evening Candlelight Tour to the Auction Party, LECPTA’s 42nd annual home tour weekend is a can’t miss event. Hosted by the LECPTA, the Lakewood Home Festival is a community-wide event that raises much-needed funds for three local public schools Lakewood Elementary School, J.L. Long Middle School and Woodrow Wilson High School.
Comerica Bank® is proud to serve as the official presenting sponsor of the Lakewood Home Festival, and The Advocate is the official media sponsor. Additional funds for the Lakewood Home Festival are provided by an array of sponsors, plus home tour ticket sales.
The auction party will be followed by the home tour on Saturday, Nov. 10 from 11 a.m. – 5 p.m., and Sunday, Nov. 11 from 11 a.m. – 5 p.m. The candlelight tour, sponsored by Dave Perry-Miller Real Estate, will take place on Saturday evening from 6 p.m. – 9 p.m., kicking off with a VIP reception sponsored by Comerica Bank®.
You can start your tour at any of our 7 homes if you already have your ticket. The tour homes are located throughout Lakewood. You can purchase tickets at each tour home.
“Lakewood Takes A Bite Out Of The Big Apple” auction party will be at the Hilton Anatole Hotel at 2201 N. Stemmons Fwy.
Home tour tickets are $20. Tickets will be available at www.lakewoodhomefestival.com, Comerica Bank®, Talulah & HESS or at the door to each of the homes throughout the entire weekend.
Premiere party tickets will be $250, and general admission tickets will be $150. Both party tickets includes an ‘all-weekend pass” with access to the home tour and candlelight tour.
Information on Ticket Sales
- Tickets can be purchased online in advance for $20. Tickets will be available online at www.lakewoodhomefestival.com, or stop at the Lakewood Comerica Bank®, or Talulah & HESS
- Tickets can be purchased at the door throughout the entire tour weekend at any home for $20 each. We prefer cash, but also accept credit cards.
- Your ticket will be good for the entire weekend, but each home can only be visited once. Feel free to visit the homes in any order.
- Tour homes are open Saturday and Sunday from 11 am until 5 pm.
- Children 12 and under are free and do not need tickets. Please make sure they do not touch anything along the home tour.
- I’m sorry, but we will not be able to provide refunds or rain checks.
What to Expect at the Lakewood Home Tour
- If you bought your ticket online, you can pick up your ticket from any of the homes during the entire weekend. New ticket sales are available for $20 at every tour home during tour weekend.
- All tour participants will pick up your pre-purchased or new paper ticket at the first home of your choice, along with a map to the other homes.
- We ask that you put on booties, provided by the tour, to cover your shoes and help protect the home from the high traffic. Socks are also welcome, but nobody will be admitted without proper foot covering.
- Lakewood Home Tour Docents (LECPTA Members and other Lakewood community volunteers) will guide you through the home with details along the way and are available to answer specific questions. Some backyards are also available for viewing on the tour route.
- Photography is not allowed in the homes.
Frequently asked questions
Q: Is this a rain or shine event?
A: Yes! We will have tents outside the home in the event of rain.
Q: Do I need to tour the homes in a specific order?
A: No! View our map (coming soon!) and pick any home as your starting point. You can visit the six homes in any order throughout the entire two days.
Q: Must I wear booties inside the homes?
A: Yes, thank you for helping us respect the space of our homeowners. We will require that everyone (children included) must wear the provided booties or take off their shoes and wear socks inside the homes.
Q: Are children allowed to attend the Lakewood Home?
A: ABSOLUTELY! The Lakewood Home Tour is a fundraiser for our local schools and we would hate to exclude our very own small benefactors. However, we do ask that parents make sure children do not touch anything in the homes and either carry or hold hands of small children. By the way, children under 12 are free.
Q: Is the Lakewood Home Tour pet-friendly?
A: No, please do not bring pets.
Q: Is photography allowed inside the homes?
A: Out of respect of our home owners, photography is not allowed.
Q: If I get tired, can I sit on furniture in the houses?
A: No, please respect that each home is the pride and joy of the homeowner. They are opening their doors for all of us to take a peek inside. We also ask that you please refrain from touching furniture, walls, art or any other objects inside the homes. Tour them as you would a museum.
Q: Will bathrooms be available at the homes?
A: Sorry, but no. The bathrooms in most of the tour properties are showpieces. They are meant to be viewed and not used.
Q: Are food and drink allowed on the tour?
A: Please leave any food and beverages in your car.
Q: I bought tickets online, but I cannot find my receipt. What should I do?
A: You do not need a receipt. The volunteers at each home and the Friday night Auction Party have a printed list of every ticket holder who purchased their tickets online. Wherever you choose to start your festival weekend, give us your name and we will get you checked in!
Q: How can I get my home on the tour?
A: We are always in search of great homes for the tour! Please email our team at email@example.com if you have a home suggestion for future festivals.